Like so many other celebrations since the beginning of the pandemic, Thanksgiving will be different this year and I know (heard) that for many it could be hard to feel thankful right now…..but I promise you that continuing to practice gratitude & kindness will help. So I’ll start and I’d like to thank:
- My spouse for being helpful, understanding and loving during all these adjustments
- Our friends: the ones in our bubble and the ones who respect that they can’t yet be in our bubble – the ones that we are only able to connect through emails, zoom or skype calls, texts, etc.
- Our families. I won’t lie, I am struggling with the idea of not being able to see my “blood” relatives/family this year but I see them on whatsApp every week and I have had the privilege to spend more time with my in-laws – and more particularly the 93 years old gran. What a treat!
- My job for caring, being diligent and simply for doing the right thing..keeping us all safe while keeping us all busy 😉
- Our country. I don’t know about you but there is no other land I would rather be on this day, at this very moment!
- Our freedom…to act, to be, to think and most importantly to speak
- Nature. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to thank nature for giving us food, light, oxygen, joy etc.
I could probably go on all night as I feel I have a lot to be thankful for but I’ll leave you with a quote that I read at the beginning of this week “Thankfulness is a subtle art. The more you will practice it, the more you have to be thankful for.”